Kray 2.0 video tutorials

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
inakito

Re: Kray 2.0 video tutorials

Post by inakito »

I just purchased kray and I think the videos are great!!!
Thanks for that.
jure

Post by jure »

I have published a new batch of video tutorials this time dealing with Photon tab. I recorded them with voice this time. It's my first time doing tutorial with live voice so I hope they are not too bad.

Please let me know if you like them or not or have any other suggestions.

Link to tutorials
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

I just watched the new vids.
Very very nice and the voice commentary makes everything clear. I didn't even understand some settings in the manual and this makes it very clear with practical samples.
Btw about those low,high, steps settings. Since you say they shouldn't be touched at all then maybe its better for kray to remove those setting from the user. Making such setting transparent to users would make it more userfriendly. I don't think vray has an equivalent of those settings and I dont think people will miss it.
Also the power settings. I always thought that its best to keep it from .5 to 1.0.
jure

Post by jure »

geo_n wrote:I just watched the new vids.
Very very nice and the voice commentary makes everything clear. I didn't even understand some settings in the manual and this makes it very clear with practical samples.
Btw about those low,high, steps settings. Since you say they shouldn't be touched at all then maybe its better for kray to remove those setting from the user. Making such setting transparent to users would make it more userfriendly. I don't think vray has an equivalent of those settings and I dont think people will miss it.
Also the power settings. I always thought that its best to keep it from .5 to 1.0.
Thanks... Well yea I agree about removing those settings. And we will do so for the next Kray upgrade where the interface will be rewritten in a more stable code and cleaned up of the "unnecessary" settings.

0.5 - 1.0 is fine as long as it looks good to you. You should be aware though that by setting it to 0.5 then you will be loosing some of the bounced light. Now if you have a very bright scene than this may be desirable otherwise not... So use whatever works best for you.
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

Any chance the general tab video will get some voice commentary? :P
I'm sure there's a lot of tricks,settings I don't know regarding the diffuse model and gi mode. :lol:
It was hard to follow the text balloons. :wink:
Looking forward to the next vids. Thanks again for doing these.
jure

Post by jure »

geo_n wrote:Any chance the general tab video will get some voice commentary? :P
I'm sure there's a lot of tricks,settings I don't know regarding the diffuse model and gi mode. :lol:
It was hard to follow the text balloons. :wink:
Looking forward to the next vids. Thanks again for doing these.
Yea I guess I can redo it later.
- Jure
dee

Post by dee »

I watched the new tutorials, I like them, simple and clear. And I like the little tips you gave. Hope to see the FG tuts soon. :wink:

Thanks Jure, well done!
azman_821009

Post by azman_821009 »

Hi everybody,

I can't go to the link above ('http://www.kraytracing.com/wiki/Tutorials'). It shown something like error as below

'MediaWiki internal error.

Exception caught inside exception handler'

Hope some of you guys can help me to solve this problem. Really need to watch the video tutorial from this link.

Thanks. :(

Azmen
jure

Post by jure »

azman_821009 wrote:Hi everybody,

I can't go to the link above ('http://www.kraytracing.com/wiki/Tutorials'). It shown something like error as below

'MediaWiki internal error.

Exception caught inside exception handler'

Hope some of you guys can help me to solve this problem. Really need to watch the video tutorial from this link.

Thanks. :(

Azmen
What browser/OS are you using? Try logging out of your account and try again... If it doesn't work please send me the full error msg.
- Jure
Mario

Post by Mario »

I saw a video tutorial made by keraresi abdelarim.
Is this guy present here?
Thanx!
azman_821009

Post by azman_821009 »

Mario wrote:I saw a video tutorial made by keraresi abdelarim.
Is this guy present here?
Thanx!
What kind of tutorial have you found? Could you give the link of that tutorial? Thanks. :)
jure

Post by jure »

- Jure