Pro Arch vol II preview

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
Pheidian

Pro Arch vol II preview

Post by Pheidian »

Hey!

It's time to announce, that we are working on the Pro Arch Vol II. The package thinking has been changed from the first version to whole another. Instead of trying to compete with Evermotion producing 10 average scenes / package, we will push the limits and create the ultimate scenes with ultimate surfacing and setups for Kray 2.0 renderer.

This is the way to learn how to really set up your scenes in Kray, including ready surfaces and ALL you basically need to produce the top quality in the business, with fast speed.

Volume II is now concentrated in interiors, next release for exteriors and studio setups.

I understand the price seems high, but the fact is, this is sharing ALL the Kray knowledge there is trough these scenes...

joreldraw

Re: Pro Arch vol II preview

Post by joreldraw »

MMmmmm nice but a little expensive i think.

Vol 1 - 50€
vol 2 - 50x3= 150€ + 22% IVA = 188€

I think if raise the price you can have more buyers. I was ready 50€ waiting to buy and can up to 100€ this but now im thinking on not buy. Same price that Jimmyrig :P
Pheidian

Post by Pheidian »

It is true. What we aimed here is professional people who really want ALL the secrets of Kray mastered. This is not to be compared with the Vol1, which had the basic Kray setups along the way, without any nodal surfacing for materials and so on.
stretch

Post by stretch »

Wicked news Pheidian, cant wait!!! setups/materials look very kool... I'm in!!!!
Have you got and predicted release date, or we just waiting on that full release of kray now.
nico

Post by nico »

it's impossible, the price is very very impossible....

the price is too high and very high, with much less money I bought the complete guide to vray, an encyclopedia itself with full explanation of the program and all its parameters.
spending is unjustified, given that volume 3 will also come certainly equal cost.

When I bought vol 1 was only a simple PDF without any explanation, who assures me that this time there will be an explanation of all commands?

how can a proarch vol cost as much as half of the software whereas buying kray xI have no manual or tutorial and I do not have a real support because those who could help sell its aid to 149 €??????

sorry but I think it's not serious to those who purchased the program. :evil:

this is my personal idea...I am sure that behind there is a lot of work but for a downloadable product prices remain high
jure

Post by jure »

nico wrote: ...buying kray xI have no manual or tutorial and I do not have a real support ...
What do you mean Nico? There is a Kray manual available at http://www.kraytracing.com/wiki/ explaining every parameter available. There are also a few tutorials (more coming with Kray2 release) and then there is this forum where you can always get help.

I'm not going to comment on the Proarch price because this is entirely Rendervision's decision. I am sure the price could have been more attractive if they sold hundreds of copies instead of 10 or 20.
- Jure
joreldraw

Post by joreldraw »

With this price only go to send 10 -20 . With more atractive price i think so much people buy this.
Rendervision go to get minor money with this price:

10 -20 buyers x 150€ = 1500-2000€
100-200 buyers x 50€= 5.000-10.000€

I know you has work hard to do this manual but is inaccesible for a lot of people.
I like to get too jimmyrig and another plugins, and this manual was on the 1º priority position to get, and now on last position or out with this price...

I think 150€ is a nice price for vol 2 and 3 merged in a full manual of kray. with scenes,materials, pdf with explanations and some tips, and inclusive some videotutorial.
Think in all soft you have your full manual reference and a lot of videotutorials for free (i.e. Lightwave,lwcad,etc)
opm

Post by opm »

nico wrote:... with much less money I bought the complete guide to vray, an encyclopedia itself with full explanation of the program and all its parameters.

how can a proarch vol cost as much as half of the software whereas buying kray xI have no manual or tutorial and I do not have a real support because those who could help sell its aid to 149 €??????
this is my personal idea...I am sure that behind there is a lot of work but for a downloadable product prices remain high
Great Soft .
Poor manual, poor tutorials, poor marketing(How many licenses of Kray have been sold?).

I see a bad future for Kray if chaos group launch Vray for Lw.
nico

Post by nico »

I refer to the fact that when I buy a software and a comprehensive manual, paper or PDF, with examples and to explain in full all the software.
Are several months that we test and work with a software development phase and a incomprehensive documentation.
I understand the effort you are doing with the chat, the forums, i'm not stupid, I see that you give yourself to do and I think that's what you do to gain leads us there. when a large group of people looking for extra sources to meet a program means that the service given by the software house is lacking in something, documentation, examples, etc etc. .... so we are forced to buy products outside the house kray can not guarantee.

regarding the product proarch understand that the price is made from rendervision but I still maintain that it is too high. Their promise that this book is better than the first but be certain not to me by anyone ...they are sold at a high price because they know they are the only ones who can make render perfectly made with kray.

I'm sorry I'm very disappointed. fortunately in the world not everyone can have a luxury car, so for every luxury car sold there will be hundreds of cars of low value sales.

These are constructive criticisms, I have nothing personal against anyone. I believe that proarch are made by true professionals but I think I squeezed my piggy bank too much for kray.
I wonder: kray 2 final release will be free or paid update for us older users?

surprises may not end even if we are not easter ...
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

opm wrote:
Great Soft .
Poor manual, poor tutorials, poor marketing(How many licenses of Kray have been sold?).

I see a bad future for Kray if chaos group launch Vray for Lw.
You thing it is easy join V-ray (IMHO old FAKE render engine with slow blurr, veeeery sloooow shothing photons etc....) to Lightwave? :D
You don`t know abount limitation and problems (this is BIG WORK with many BUGS under connect both....) This need time .
You thing : "when I recive V-ray in Lightwave I will do Great renders" :D :D :D
You need one thing yet only : GREAT IDEAS how do.
Please remmeber: We have ALL features same as V-ray (without displacement and Fur generator) Exacly the same and many much better .
poor manual: http://www.kraytracing.com/wiki/Main_Page is not poor - this is technical full information abount Kray engine.
You can use also Moodo Render with Crap interiors/exteriors renders (see gallery) of coarse fur, displecement Hdri render looks great, but this is only basic scenes with GREAT IDEAS (You can do the same in Kray, You need only Great Idea how do..)... or go to Maxwell ... :wink:
opm

Post by opm »

I don´t want V-ray for LW
This is not a critical for you.
Sorry if you understood me bad. I have enough with Lw native render.
It´s a constructive critical for all, i included. :wink:
Of course, kray is for me much better than V-ray. I say we should be more promoted kray.
For example: newtek forums, spinquad etc... and many many web and blogs.
I found Kray by a miracle.
I love Kray because is fully integrated in LW. but all of us are not engineers and we need support for good results (not Great renders for competition).
If someone need great quality ,he can buy the Pro Arch.
I think that people only want good results and fast render (small splotches are not very important).
Great renders ,In my case not being paid.

In Southern Europe 3dmax was very pirated software and V-ray is popular for that reason. :evil:

PD. Maxwell and fryrender are spanish soft which is not guaranteed to be purchased by spanish people :D
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

opm wrote:I don´t want V-ray for LW
This is not a critical for you.
Sorry if you understood me bad. I have enough with Lw native render.
It´s a constructive critical for all, i included. :wink:
Of course, kray is for me much better than V-ray. I say we should be more promoted kray.
For example: newtek forums, spinquad etc... and many many web and blogs.
I found Kray by a miracle.
I love Kray because is fully integrated in LW. but all of us are not engineers and we need support for good results (not Great renders for competition).
If someone need great quality ,he can buy the Pro Arch.
I think that people only want good results and fast render (small splotches are not very important).
Great renders ,In my case not being paid.

In Southern Europe 3dmax was very pirated software and V-ray is popular for that reason. :evil:

PD. Maxwell and fryrender are spanish soft which is not guaranteed to be purchased by spanish people :D

I thing problem is with beta Kray Engine (it is not full version yet) so Kray is still in underground.... (kray is without GUI super grafic - becouse on this chapter we don`t need this, many things is under construction and from commands line)
vpii

Post by vpii »

I for one was looking forward to purchase your next vol. But with the recession will be passing also on this. If you really read thru this forum and the help of Jure and Kray community it should be a good foundation to get started in Kray. I really wish you success and I respect your right to price however you want. For me a few years ago I might at this price, but now every penny counts to get by.
opm

Post by opm »

vpii wrote:I for one was looking forward to purchase your next vol. But with the recession will be passing also on this. If you really read thru this forum and the help of Jure and Kray community it should be a good foundation to get started in Kray. I really wish you success and I respect your right to price however you want. For me a few years ago I might at this price, but now every penny counts to get by.
My clients pay at 220 days and two months ago that I do not charge anything.
Spain sinks

Johny:
I wish to become Kray in standart (in hardcore forum have many votes). For lightwavers this is the opportunity to fuck 3dmax users :twisted:
I hope the final version soon
brownie

Post by brownie »

Way too expensive.

I was so excited by this release; for me it was a good way to thank the guys of Rendervision for the commitment to us Kray newbie users.

But at 149Euros each Volume, I really can't. Sorry.