terms of use

Janusz Biela

terms of use

Post by Janusz Biela »

Hello

Here I would like share my experience with Nodes.
Target of this topic is create high quality surfaces done by Nodes with High Quality textures.

Of course everything is it will be done special for Kray and his great Photon Mapping, however it can be use also in Lightwave Native Engine Render.

Here will be three differences of names:
- Surface_name_D1
- Surface_name_D2
- Surface_name_D3

D1 is the easiest difficult level of Node...D3 is only for people who wants really dig in connection between Nodes - it is sometimes NECESSARY to receive really good surface.

Nodes will have include High Quality textures:
- optimized Hi-Res size
- seamless
- correct levels
- done special for Nodes
- with Bump/Clip/Reflection/Diffuse map (if necessary)
- without compression artefacts (png file format)
- without noise

Terms of use:
- You can not sell them or use as third part
- Textures are free for Kray users
- Textures can be used in commercial project only by Kray users

Renders with surface examples will be done in Studio Render Scene without post processing. It is only one way to guarantee same result (or almost the same) in users scenes. Also by Studio Render we will see surfaces in action (I am against surface standard presents - they brings only confusion and have no value)

Soon I will start post new topics about Nodes.
khan973

Re: terms of use

Post by khan973 »

Thanks a lot, awesome initiative, I was talking about it with my team, It's time to build a big Library of quality materials( Nodes)!
That way and with some Kray presets as well, we'll be able to be faster than VRAY folks.
To me today, only things that makes us slower is objects library (aready prepared for VRAY) and Surface libraries.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Yes I agree. Today You have huge library from max. but the most important think in renders: surfacing You can not buy it because advanced surfacing is not for selling (is all the time artist secret). I want share my experience and develop surfaces quality - this is only one way for HQ renders because GI is almost the same in Maxwell, V-ray or another software.
Anyway, stay tuned, it will be really interesting what I will present :idea: :!:
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

wowwwwwwwwwww thank u janusz . i cant wait to start i will try to learn in the same time guys thank u very much :mrgreen:
khan973

Post by khan973 »

I am sure I'll learn a lot, and I'll do my best to produce great quality as well based on what you'll share.
If you give some basic stuff, we can contribute and make variations.

What I saw in presetCentral and may other preset places, is that you have 5 to 10% of great stuff and 90% of crap.
I don't mean to be rude but some people just don't have high expectations or just don't take time to observe reality.
I think the best thing would be to share with you the nodes and then once you validateit, you put it online. I trust your eyes and skills :p
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

I wrote D1, D2, D3 (difficulty level) and D3 is really something to bite (Injection system).It will be no basic stuff!
People complain complicate Surfacing (which is not!) and wasting time (which is not!). Actually Nodes save my time - most of surfaces I set up from free hand without render and I can not image working without this system. Second reason is that if I use Nodes I know in render everything will be correct (diffuse, colours, reflection, fresnel) ...so in the end You have no choice :lol:
khan973

Post by khan973 »

I also started to get great results whenever I stopped using glossiness / specular and then when I switched to Nodes only.
Sometimes for very complicated stuff it cna be challenging but I love it! :)
It's just that LightWave chokes with complicated Nodes (I tried realistic carbon fiber).
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

khan973 wrote:I also started to get great results whenever I stopped using glossiness / specular and then when I switched to Nodes only.
Sometimes for very complicated stuff it cna be challenging but I love it! :)
It's just that LightWave chokes with complicated Nodes (I tried realistic carbon fiber).
But this is very easy surface! seamless texture and car paint...or you want something different?
Attachments
Bugatti_desert_cam02_0.png
khan973

Post by khan973 »

I don't kno how precise is yours, I'm talking about really precise for closeup bump on fibers, crossing fibers with anisotropy for each fiber direction so it reacts perfectly with light, normal mapping underneath clear coat. That's what I'm talking about :)
Photorealistic Carbon fiber for close up
khan973

Post by khan973 »

I see that the map you use is "faking" carbon fiber because it doesn't react to light and to how light hits the fibers with different angles.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

....end for what you want use that material in renders?
khan973

Post by khan973 »

For close up realistic carbon fiber render for a luxury brand.
But it was years ago and LightWave litterally choked, plus it was really close.
I'll try to put my hands on it and check again with my actual computer. Faking it worked but sometimes I really want to recreate reality with the best effect possible. It's a great way to learn I think