Wip new interior

Please post all your tests and WIPs into this forum
talats

Wip new interior

Post by talats »

Hi guys
Here a wip of an interior.
There are still a lot of thing to do, fix and add.
However, this is the pure render without post processing.
C&C al always, as well as, any advice.
Cheers
Attachments
wip_01.jpg
Janusz Biela

Re: Wip new interior

Post by Janusz Biela »

For me looks good :wink:
Maybe you should improve materials? Also I suggest be far away from shutters - it make all the time problems with AA and light coming through...better curtains or empty. I know you put source of light before them but still I try be away from shutters.
Also imho scene need a bit more life, more light everywhere, nice Sun effect coming through three leafs, less pink color, more details on sofa - there is empty almost half of scene! make this part boring and "flat" feeling. Sun effect should go on the furnitures to "vivid" contrast..not only floor, which indeed is boring by itself. Light in kitchen island area. Floor has bad surfacing. That`s all in the first shoot. I hope I helped a bit :wink:
talats

Post by talats »

Janusz Biela wrote:For me looks good :wink:
Maybe you should improve materials? Also I suggest be far away from shutters - it make all the time problems with AA and light coming through...better curtains or empty. I know you put source of light before them but still I try be away from shutters.
Also imho scene need a bit more life, more light everywhere, nice Sun effect coming through three leafs, less pink color, more details on sofa - there is empty almost half of scene! make this part boring and "flat" feeling. Sun effect should go on the furnitures to "vivid" contrast..not only floor, which indeed is boring by itself. Light in kitchen island area. Floor has bad surfacing. That`s all in the first shoot. I hope I helped a bit :wink:
Thanks Janusz.
Let me answer and ask point by point.
The Windows Area Lights are inside the room at a distance of about 10 cm from the shutters. Unfortunately I can't get off the shutters for a specific request of the client.
About the life in the scene, I know. Indeed when I said that there are a lot of things also to add I was referring to this.
About the pink color: in the scene I used of course Physky and I also put 4 area lights to the windows (One for each glass). The color of the area lights is around 11200 Kelvin degrees. What can I do to achieve a better color? I guess that part of the problem depend by the light reflected by the floor and forniture... For the floor I used Kray Inderct Rays to desaturate the color of bouncing rays of 75% but it seems it is not enough yet.
According to the parquet material, for it I've used the settings of an old test scene with dark parquet you sended me some time ago (anyway we are talking of surfacing layering method, no nodes). Also for the fornitures. Textures are all arroway original woods. Any advice to twik materials is welcome.
What do you mean when you say " Light in kitchen island area" ?
Last but not least, to make the sunlight fall on the forniture, I should set the physky around 8 or 9 am (now is set at 10 am) but this would compromise the light color balance in the scene because around that hours, physky give a more yellow/orange light.
Looking foward for a kind reply ;)
talats

Post by talats »

Another thing:
It is really hard to find good cloth and leather textures for the sofa. I downloaded a cloth texture ad made it by pixplant 2 tileable with relative reflection and normal map but I can not obtain a good material. Please, help me.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Maybe this can help you with fabric.
Light in kitchen from lamps.
Last time I use 100% desaturate.
Attachments
sofa_00000.png
Fabric.rar
(3.81 MiB) Downloaded 364 times
talats

Post by talats »

Could you share the sofà scene? Or al least the textures?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Sofa I can not (it is commercial) . Texture you have inside package.
talats

Post by talats »

Janusz Biela wrote:Sofa I can not (it is commercial) . Texture you have inside package.
Canon you tell me where I can buy that sofà?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

I think You can find something here:
http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pu ... gsc.page=1
..and combine some

Pillows are my so I can share it
Attachments
pillows.rar
(11.69 MiB) Downloaded 357 times
talats

Post by talats »

:shock: :shock: :shock: O my god Janusz!!! What a kind of node for a pillow surface. Crazy and beautiful. Anyway you didn't put the texture and so in terms of studying the node is not possibile to understand what texture you put and where at least to undestarnd what you did. I am starting to crying (and Kraying ;) )
talats

Post by talats »

talats wrote::shock: :shock: :shock: O my god Janusz!!! What a kind of node for a pillow surface. Crazy and beautiful. Anyway you didn't put the texture and so in terms of studying the node is not possibile to understand what texture you put and where at least to undestarnd what you did. I am starting to crying (and Kraying ;) )
Ok, textures found, I was missed your previous attachment.
Wow wow wow... For what I see, you made the final surface just using the bump texture. Even to obtain the normal map!!! Please Janusz, make a tutorial explaining everything... this surface is amazing !!!
talats

Post by talats »

Tnx Janusz, your screen have to be studied. It's really amazing the way you obtain an HQ surfacing. I just made some test on the sofa surface, with your node and with a standard LW layers method (I put just a node for the normal map) and the fantastic thing is that render time are about the same (just a difference of few seconds).
For this job I do not have time to study a make test, but I will after.
Just a question: you said that for fresnel effect parameter change betwenn 1.2 and 15 according to the kind of surface (metal, plastic, wood etc.). Where can be find the fresnel parameter for all kind of materials? I would be really useful.
Tnx again
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

talats wrote: Where can be find the fresnel parameter for all kind of materials? I would be really useful.
Tnx again
...nowhere.
You will find fresnel for transparency materials (physic chart) but with fresnel for no transparent materials it will be difficult. In web are some informations but I do not think so You can use those values in renders. After many months I just put fresnel from "the finger". Generally I use:
- plastic, floor, ceramic 1.4-2.0 (depends from strength of reflection)
- more reflected materials 2.0-4.9
- metal 15 max

One tech information: people think: fresnel make longer render - it`s true, but not because it is Node by itself, but because the edge of these objects are high reflected so this part must be longer calculate because in this thin area is reflected almost half of scene.
The time render with Nodes all the time is longer and this is also normal. It Is just more physically accurate rendering which need more calculations.
Without Nodes will be no good effects at all in renders so even the best Global Illumination engine will not help .
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

nice render raw. i think lighting its ok . and just u need improve surfacing as janusz said . :mrgreen:

Best wish man