basic scene for interiors

Janusz Biela

Re: basic scene for interiors

Post by Janusz Biela »

injacphi wrote:What do you mean when you say:

Power in Area Light, for example Power 2.0, or for LEM light.
Sun Power I suggest leave 3.0 - it gives more warm in room.

how do you change that light setup?
I will explain from second part:
- Sun Photons need to be a bit stronger the usually it means when photons from Sun hit dark floor you lose power of photons
here without Power:
capture078.png
light_test_no_power.jpg
here with Power 5:
capture079.png
light_test_Power5.jpg
You can add Power for all sources of light. But I suggest use maximum value 3.0 no more.
For Area Lights/LEM in windows better is to keep default 1.0 but if you have difficulty to bright up interiors you can use Power for all lights.

btw. in this example I turned OFF all lights except Sun Light (to vivid effect)

And here all lights ON:
- Sphere GI outside (actually it gives not so much photons but this is for reflection effect)
- Area Lights in Windows (default)
- Sun Light with Power 3.0
light_test_all_lights.jpg
This system is used everywhere. Only what is missing: good surfacing :wink:

One more render: beautiful spectrum of interpolated photons
light_test_PM.jpg
brownie

Post by brownie »

Hello, and thank you Janusz.

nobody talks about QLWF plugin anymore. Your scene doesn't use it. Do we have to forget it ?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

brownie wrote:Hello, and thank you Janusz.

nobody talks about QLWF plugin anymore. Your scene doesn't use it. Do we have to forget it ?
Personally I do not use. You can try it but correction of gamma is so strong (it must be that according idea of linear compensation) and brings difficulty in rendering.
http://www.ruffstuffcg.com/journal/line ... dsmax.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_correction

I noticed also when I open Archinteriors or another scene I see common setting is Reinhard no LWF (In Kray this is call blending). Anyway I am fan of rendering with a little gamma "washed" rendering ...more important for me is quality of surfaces, AA and blur because rest I do in post process - anyway people who use LWF also use later post process :lol:
Her you can see my last RAW renders:
room_sofa_02_RAW.jpg
Bugatti_00000.png
It is basic blending Gamma 2.2 with Exponential 6.0 - 50%. The RAW render has maybe too much contrast (Bugatti) - but I wanted that. Also light is very weak becouse only HDRi+ little Sun.
I think If I would use LWF it will be much worst: too strong colors, big contrast and this will make troubles in post process.

Also is very important: I use Color Tool Node to correct textures. Almost all textures need to be corrected: less brightness, more contrast, very often saturation 20-40% more or less depends from needs even HUE.

I tried many times LWF because this is really correct way but in rendering department it is difficult to handle so I "compensate" it is post process.
injacphi

Post by injacphi »

Thanks for the tips I didn't knew that tricks... if you have other tips like that, I will take everything you can give me :)
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

here my test .
Attachments
kray_render00000 ts.jpg
injacphi

Post by injacphi »

I don't understand why I never have this kind of superb result.....