armchairB.jpg
vpii

Re: Studio

Post by vpii »

very impressive :shock:
stretch

Post by stretch »

As cool as ever johny,,,,, how about posting your Scene in the depo? :)
khan973

Post by khan973 »

Very nice!
The leather looks very convincing.
I thing the metal should have substancial blur to look less CG.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

This is empty studio (for small objects, If You need render bigger objects better is rescale it under LW, If You want bigger object with correct scale under Modeler rescale studio and change power of luminosity panels)
have nice tests! Include all features from Kray.
note: studio is very basic, You can add extra one or two area lights for stronger shadows or lumi panel close camera with raytracing shader for reflection , etc. Please update idea if You have it...
Attachments
Studio.rar
(571.59 KiB) Downloaded 1324 times
mathewlp

Post by mathewlp »

Thanks Johny
BTW, I really think fprime is the best for studio renders...that's my point of vue...:-)
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

mathewlp wrote:Thanks Johny
BTW, I really think fprime is the best for studio renders...that's my point of vue...:-)
With 2-5 bounce lights, without tonemaping, without LWF, slow AA , noise GI etc?
I don`t see this "the best" :D

You can`t compare midle age with new age engine render.....thats my point.
Share Yours models..I will bit it in every point in studio.... 8)
mathewlp

Post by mathewlp »

I randomly took an object from my library, please don't look the textures, that's not the point, but look at fprime's render, which is for me better, what do you think? Even if ok that's a longer render time, and more noisy...but well
I don't know maybe I have wrong kray settings, i meen I just let your config.
You know johny I use kray every day, I really like it and think this is a great render engine, but I also think we can use each panel of tool we got, for each different kind of work, we should not settle for a single blind way to do it...that's it.
Attachments
kray render
kray render
Fprime render, about 5 minutes
Fprime render, about 5 minutes
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

3:35 min directly from Kray
Attachments
warrior.png
jure

Post by jure »

mathewlp wrote:I randomly took an object from my library, please don't look the textures, that's not the point, but look at fprime's render, which is for me better, what do you think? Even if ok that's a longer render time, and more noisy...but well
You know johny I use kray every day, I really like it and think this is a great render engine, but I also think we can use each panel of tool we got, for each different kind of work, we should not settle for a single blind way to do it...that's it.
Sorry but that Fprime render is ugly... Blown out light, too much contrast... You can get the same in Kray if you want just put all tonemaping to linear... Oh and Fprime can't do more than 4 proper bounces... But whatever works for you... :twisted:
- Jure
stretch

Post by stretch »

Thanks Johny!!! Wicked.....
mathewlp

Post by mathewlp »

jure wrote:
mathewlp wrote:I randomly took an object from my library, please don't look the textures, that's not the point, but look at fprime's render, which is for me better, what do you think? Even if ok that's a longer render time, and more noisy...but well
Sorry but that Fprime render is ugly... Blown out light, too much contrast... You can get the same in Kray if you want just put all tonemaping to linear... Oh and Fprime can't do more than 4 proper bounces... But whatever works for you... :twisted:

Hey peace buddy, I'm not a vray bad guy lol I'm a friend the proof is that I bought kray, and I daily come to forum to get informed, I meen I support it's developpement...and I really want it to become better and better :-)
By the way, I agree with you my fprime render is ugly, it's because I didn't really work on it, I just put some basic renders from each one of the two render engines to express my point of view, which is that I don't like so much washed out flat renders without beautiful contact shadows, and realistic contrast. That's for me the hardest part of the configuration in kray, and I think not only in kray render engine.
I meen I just share my opinion so that we can get understood each other, and hope we can improve our competences together, it doesn't meen I'm right every time. :evil:
mathewlp

Post by mathewlp »

Johny, before u get mad, I do not wear bullet-proof vest so I prefer be carreful lol:
when I said "washed out flat render" I was talking about my kray test not your good render :-)
jure

Post by jure »

hehe sorry i didn't want to sound mad. Yeah contact shadows are harder to catch for "biased" renderers that do not sample every single pixel. But that's also what makes them faster and we are constantly working on improving the fine shadow details so you'll see Kray get better and better in that area.

However that's not to say Kray can not render contact shadows like Fprime. Just turn off irradiance caching and set up low bounces and you should get similar result (but faster!).
- Jure
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

jure wrote:hehe sorry i didn't want to sound mad. Yeah contact shadows are harder to catch for "biased" renderers that do not sample every single pixel. But that's also what makes them faster and we are constantly working on improving the fine shadow details so you'll see Kray get better and better in that area.

However that's not to say Kray can not render contact shadows like Fprime. Just turn off irradiance caching and set up low bounces and you should get similar result (but faster!).

I wanted say that "off irradiance caching" this mean almost the same as FPrime:D
Dot the i...

btw
I am not angry...I love realy Kray and I know everything about Kray (almost)..I know what it DIFFERENCE between Kray and FPrime and always I answer questions...just ask...