2018 Architectural Visualization Rendering Engine Survey

Post by cruisermori »

A clear trend in CG rendering.
http://www.cgarchitect.com/2018/02/2018 ... ine-survey
KRay :-(
thomas

Re: 2018 Architectural Visualization Rendering Engine Survey

Post by thomas »

No surprise that Kray is one of the smaller players, and no problem there.

The poll is, however, a bit misleading because it doesn't add up to 100%. Numbers about primary render engine only would undoubtedly be in favor of Kray - I'm pretty sceptical about the high numbers for Unity and Unreal engine to be honest...

In our studio, we have a license for Kray, Lightwave, Octane, Unreal and Unity (which are free, so most studios will have this on their server somewhere) and V-ray. If you would ask me what our primary render engine is, Kray would get one vote extra. If you would ask me what engines we use, all 6 would get a vote, which would not advance Kray much in the list!

So take these polls with a grain of salt. Of course V-ray is the "king" of the market category. We all know that. And of course a render engine that doesn't exist for 3DS MAX will score low numbers. No surprises. And then, shouldn't you add the score for Podium and Kray together etc... (since this is the same render engine, and numbers for V-ray for Max, Cinema, Sketchup etc... gets added up).

Don't worry too much about it. Just crank out great work with K3.
promity

Post by promity »

Kray has a very good potential. Let's see what Grzegor will offer when he completes his shaders and the post processing block. But if he integrates in the future GPU calculations in the Kray - it will have virtually no competitors. .
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

We got first shader for K3: SSS.
G. soon goes to surgery with his child (last one from three when they exchange parts in heart)

Personally I do not care who use what.
I like Kray and is enough in my job. Almost 0% probability to crash during projects, cheap Lightwave.You can handle huge projects, simply SWIFT.
We just 2 weeks ago put license 3Dmax to trash (cancel) because we do not need anymore software for import/export - 3Dsky contain also obj and other formats....also it was horrible expensive.

We do continuously developing of K3 (with small breaks) amount of new software which starts use K3Core grows.
Everything is ok. Do not panic. Keep cool and if you are frustrated change software but always you will be welcome here.
I am with Kray over 12 years - it gave me huge amount of experience. I am 100% sure in future we will do same quality in K3 like Corona, Octane and others with incredible speed of render - no doubts.