Dynamic Range

General disscusion about Kray
cruisermori

Dynamic Range

Post by cruisermori »

I found this interesting article about color transform in blender.
https://www.blenderguru.com/tutorials/s ... torealism/
Would it be possible to have similar color transform in KRay?
thomas

Re: Dynamic Range

Post by thomas »

I'm not sure if they are just talking about working in linear color space or not, but the resulting images do look very nice!
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

We go with K3 to the Real Time Tone Mapping system. It will operate on the internal Core buffer so everything will be possible to do with this:
Clip Dark/White, gamma, contrast, white balance, photo filters, etc (everything what you can do today with High Dynamic Range information)
You will do it during the render procedures in real time. this is strict connected with Core Engine, especially with PPM and VCM technology: you do not want tone map render with big noise :lol: where information about GI is very poor.
cruisermori

Post by cruisermori »

Thanks Janusz for feedback and explanation of KRay 3 future Tone Mapping system. I tested this film filter in Blender and its really smart. You can increase light power and no need to place fake lights to lighten interior.
I am looking forward to seeing this new KRay functionality.
khan973

Post by khan973 »

Janusz, do you think that G will implement a noise reduction filter inside the rendering engine?
It's great to get rid of it
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

khan973 wrote:Janusz, do you think that G will implement a noise reduction filter inside the rendering engine?
Yes for sure will be, this is just post process module. What is different then standard de-noise is that, it can consider information also from internal buffer of render engine (HDRi) and also photons information and GI sampling. Effect can be better then standard image processing. I do not know details but will ask G.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

khan973 wrote:Janusz, do you think that G will implement a noise reduction filter inside the rendering engine?

why you didnt help me about amleto dude ?!!! :|
khan973

Post by khan973 »

Sorry, but I was reaaaaaally busy !
I don't know Amleto but I think all renderfarm managers worl the same. Do you have experience setting up a renderfarm ?
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

khan973 wrote:Sorry, but I was reaaaaaally busy !
I don't know Amleto but I think all renderfarm managers worl the same. Do you have experience setting up a renderfarm ?
No sorry im noob with render farm setup. :cry: