Kray 2.62 much slower than 2.51

General disscusion about Kray
vsele

Kray 2.62 much slower than 2.51

Post by vsele »

Hi guys, I have had Kray on my computer since it's first beta version and I've always used it with wonderful results.. few days ago I started working in a new company and as usual, I installed on the laptop they gave me my Lightwave 10.1(yeah I know it's not the latest version but I'm still happy with it)... I installed also Kray 2.51 first then I saw that there was a new version available and I installed the 2.62... the other day I did my first renders with the new version and I noticed immediately that was slower... much much much slower... it took 8hrs to produce a render 1280x760 with full screen AA set at high and at level 3... now , I've been using Kray on my older laptop and it was fast as usual.. keep in mind that the 2 laptops have 8gigs of ram with an I5 processor and the usual intel graphic card..I was suspicious about this level of performance and I set up a test running a render of the same scene on the 2 laptop one with the 2.62 version and the other one with the 2.51 version but using the GI cache file created by the 2.62 version.. both laptop ran for more than 8 hrs to finish... I then decided to use the 2.51 version to create another GI cache file... I started the render and it took 3.51 minutes to finish the render. I installed the 2.51 version on my newer laptop and it took 2.8 minutes to finish the render. Can you please have a look and tell me if I stumbled onto a bug or if you have made some changes to GI cache file that might cause this problem. For now I will stick with the 2.51 version of Kray that guarantees me blazing fast performance.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Re: Kray 2.62 much slower than 2.51

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

Hey i thibk u have bad setup no way that resolution it took 8 even if u have dual core old cpu. Kray very fast i doubt u did wrong setuo can u share pls render or scn or odea too take alook.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

And one things please notice thats 2.62 i think its work for lw 11.5 11.6 2015.1.2.3 versions . Not for lw 10or 9.6 myve this can be the problem cause newtek all timze they changes theris sdk
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Do not use K2.62 in old Lightwave. This is unify version for 11.x and 2015.
If you still have problems, please upload scene here (just reduce it)
vsele

Post by vsele »

Janusz Biela wrote:Do not use K2.62 in old Lightwave. This is unify version for 11.x and 2015.
If you still have problems, please upload scene here (just reduce it)
I already stopped using it.. thanks... can you please tell me which is the latest version that I can safely use with Lightwave 10.1? And can I still download it from my account?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

From download package I see two folders:
- LW9
- LW11.6 (also for LW2015)
so I think in your case you can only use LW9 version.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

In case if you have windows 10. As it happen for me. Please make sure when u hit render cpu will be used at 100/100 lw bug also kray sometimes u need to check. Last time i did exterior i get it in pathtracing hq setting in 1min 1920×1080. So lw crash. I reopen scn i did the same scn render evrything the same i sawbrender is very slo i have 88threads and when i check cpu usage it was using just 15 pour 100 of half my cpu and other are 0 pour 100. Render time took 20min. Sooo u need to check this. It never happen for me on windows 7. Windows10 is shit sorry for this word but it really is. I think crap is better then windows 10 64 bit official with key. Thank you. This is one way render can be longer then other computer. And ask janusz he is way better then and know kray like him self :D sometimes i doubt who is real coder between G.and janusz :D
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

lightwave3d wrote:In case if you have windows 10. As it happen for me. Please make sure when u hit render cpu will be used at 100/100 lw bug also kray sometimes u need to check. Last time i did exterior i get it in pathtracing hq setting in 1min 1920×1080. So lw crash. I reopen scn i did the same scn render evrything the same i sawbrender is very slo i have 88threads and when i check cpu usage it was using just 15 pour 100 of half my cpu and other are 0 pour 100. Render time took 20min. Sooo u need to check this. It never happen for me on windows 7. Windows10 is shit sorry for this word but it really is. I think crap is better then windows 10 64 bit official with key. Thank you. This is one way render can be longer then other computer. And ask janusz he is way better then and know kray like him self :D sometimes i doubt who is real coder between G.and janusz :D

I have the same problem when I use the specular canals or translucency on my trees. My cpu use only 20% for the layout with a lot of error
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Alexis wrote: I have the same problem when I use the specular canals or translucency on my trees. My cpu use only 20% for the layout with a lot of error
Maybe you can catch basic scene with problem then send me scene, please.
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

Janusz Biela wrote:
Alexis wrote: I have the same problem when I use the specular canals or translucency on my trees. My cpu use only 20% for the layout with a lot of error

If I find the time for reduce this big big scene :) . After delete tree, no bug. I replace tree, bug... I render only tree, no bug and i use only basic node
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Alexis wrote:
Janusz Biela wrote:

If I find the time for reduce this big big scene :) . After delete tree, no bug. I replace tree, bug... I render only tree, no bug and i use only basic node
Then make as is this but be sure bug is repeatable (important) and send me with information how get this bug. G. will make "software trap" for that.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Alexis wrote:
Janusz Biela wrote:

that bug it happen i think acause of conflit beetwen kray and Lw . Lightwave 2015.3 can read only 64thread. and Kray can read all ur threads . soo i think sometimes it happen lightwave buged. you need to unistall lw ; and re install it . :shock: :mrgreen:

when kray force lw to pass trough to more threads mybe it there is a small bug . i dont know ask jansuz . :mrgreen: :twisted:
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

I have "only" 12 thread... :( Is not the CPU config.

I have this problem only with "Cache irradiance" mode. with no cache, no problem..