Displacement on kray3 ?!!

General disscusion about Kray
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Displacement on kray3 ?!!

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

hey i think this is good discuss about k3 and displamacemt .

well the old way of disp is that using mesh too much poly+ subpath to make it smooth ex... this old and not good cause sacrifyin ram for this.

but like vray and octane ex.... they can use displamanet i mean real displacement with just flat surfaces or with one polygone it can make realstici details with it.

about lw 2015.3 and early ... lw sucks specially on displacement very uselesss thank u for lw team they make lw soo weak in this area actually lw why it has useless disp cause it 2D and not 3D disp space. soo u cant make it in 3Dimensions space when using ur displacement map as cubic projection or the most important is UV MAP . lw cannot read it! he when u use uvmap he still give that useless menu about projection x Y Z i mean wtf i choose uvmap i dont need ur freakin useless x y z now . when u have useless programmer or coder he will make useless program as his skill is useless .

in this time about k3 we hope G.Tenski think about this and make it real with amazing speed of k3 aa and fast. ref blur Like Kray displacement.

thats it.

THANK YOU!
Janusz Biela

Re: Displacement on kray3 ?!!

Post by Janusz Biela »

Real displacement is on the K3 list. Actually it is ready but this is not priority now.
Please notice that displacement is not magic tool: it needs a lot RAM memory. Also displacement should have vertex bump so you can make real bump in all directions (for example bark tree).
Real displacement should work also with UV mapping.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Just Wow janusz

THANK YOU!
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

You can certainly use UV maps in LW for displacement. But I agree that we need micro poly displacement.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

djwaterman wrote:You can certainly use UV maps in LW for displacement. But I agree that we need micro poly displacement.
yes, correct but I am not sure about vertex bump. You can use UV map (of course) but you must use one of the Gizmo directions: x,y,z.
So automatically you can NOT use LW system for: trees or other object when bump is necessary for all directions from UV map. Maybe form Nodes...I am not sure.

Action must be simple:
1. You add UV map to the tree bark (for example)
2. you add Kray3Shader for this surface with Real Displacement
3. Select depth of bump in shader
4. select the density.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Janusz Biela wrote:
djwaterman wrote:You can certainly use UV maps in LW for displacement. But I agree that we need micro poly displacement.
yes, correct but I am not sure about vertex bump. You can use UV map (of course) but you must use one of the Gizmo directions: x,y,z.
So automatically you can NOT use LW system for: trees or other object when bump is necessary for all directions from UV map. Maybe form Nodes...I am not sure.

Action must be simple:
1. You add UV map to the tree bark (for example)
2. you add Kray3Shader for this surface with Real Displacement
3. Select depth of bump in shader
4. select the density.

yes jansuz but took in consideration when we have flat surface with 1 poly gone. k3 displacement should work even with less geometre even in one polygone . we need to sacrifies memory for this ^^ . the most important features and result ^^ . i think at least we need dual xeon ^^ for everyone . with this one it will me memory like 64 g ddr4 . its good . i prefer 128g ram to handel different task i can use many displacment in one scn for ground for exmple : also for road for tree bark for wall for leafs mybe why not cause it give really nice contact shadow refelection . also normalmap good for addin some small details like : cloth bed ex.... . i saw some 3Dsmax interior from russian guy. he use displacment from 3dsmax for interor floor . he has wood floor 3dsmax really powerfull then lw. on this field of displacment . awesome he just add noise displacement ex... easy to use. :) . k3 will rock.