New website - and now?

General disscusion about Kray
thomas

New website - and now?

Post by thomas »

Hi all,

I'm sure most of you have noticed the new website is up - and download links are down. You can't buy Kray 2 anymore, which probably means that Kray 3 is finally right around the corner.

Could we get some news or updated timeline, Gregor?

Cheers,
Thomas
Janusz Biela

Re: New website - and now?

Post by Janusz Biela »

thomas wrote:Hi all,

I'm sure most of you have noticed the new website is up - and download links are down. You can't buy Kray 2 anymore, which probably means that Kray 3 is finally right around the corner.

Could we get some news or updated timeline, Gregor?

Cheers,
Thomas
There is still some changes on main page. I do not know yet details because I wait for call from G.
K2 will be also in market. Also soon will be new K2 update (some rare issues with CPU).
thomas

Post by thomas »

Hi Janusz, thanks for the reply.

Okay, Kray 2 purchase is up again, but still: I think that Gregor should communicate a bit more about what's going on. I don't mind waiting for Kray 3: developing software takes time, and I'm sure everyone is working hard to get things moving as fast as possible. But I do mind the complete lack of communication.

So, that being said: where are we regarding Kray 3, and what is the roadmap?
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

...I wait for his call via Skype and meanwhile I got short email from G.:
K3 engine is ready for Open Beta, but I have to connect last things to the Lightwave. I want fast Open Beta for users. Of course still will be errors and bugs - this is normal on this phase - but it will be finally available for users.
Also I test K2.62 (last update) - there was some random issues with CPU and and random freeze for 5-10 min on 99% done render. Actually this K2 version runs very fast...I do not know, but I see visible 10-30% increased speed render (perhaps also some optimization in Kray memory).

Soon I will close some old topic about K3 progress and others to keep information clean.
thomas

Post by thomas »

Okay, thanks for the small update. Hope we will get to see something more concrete soon!