The major problem with kray

General disscusion about Kray
Keraressi Abdelkarim

The major problem with kray

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

as all time im trying kray in many situation i found thos things need to be upgrate for kray user

i hope this time with k3 we can have thos things for me to get more accurate photorealsitic render with kray and to get more control we need thos things :

first of all . we need to have option in area light to get black shadow from area light or soft . black i mean very black shadow.
2nd : we need have that option if u want to exlclud obj from light or many lights
3rd we need to have color shadow control as lw did . we dont have
4rd : we need to have BRDF shader compatilbe with kray to get more realstici speculary . i creat my own tricks but its will be better to have it in kray.
5. we need more bump calculation and speculary and reflection as lw do . i did many test kray vs lw. i found that lightwave has some nice effect if u mix bump and speculary and glossi + ref . but this is not big deal cause also kray has his own taste for this field .

thats all i miss other things. but this is global for now. i was thinkin if we can have tonemaping difference for all surfaces .

for exmple in surfaces editor " shader " if we have tonemap blend and quick linear workflow for each surfaces it will be bettter and more control .

i hope G can read this poste. i know why i said this .
Janusz Biela

Re: The major problem with kray

Post by Janusz Biela »

Everything is on the list :wink:
Keraressi Abdelkarim

thank you Sir Janusz (Y) :mrgreen: :) :mrgreen:
Keraressi Abdelkarim

and we need to have -flare too and -fog support . -water caustic map . HDRI DOME .

render par obj . for exmple if we have forground scn many grass trees there and we have building far . if we can have choose to render the building allone after that he will render that grass and trees in small square all threads in one squre when thery finish one they jump to other to win speed render better then render all in thos grass and trees it will take a time i think . i know this one not necassary but just an idea for next year if possible . or mybe some one can bring new one better then this .$

we need flash to make night shot render. using only flash option or flash pluging . flash in real life its give u nice effect. glow in high light its give more saturatrion color . and more dark shadow .

- and about if u r doing render and this render crash at 84/100 . when u re render after open the scn kray will start from 84/100 render not from 0 this one is good tooo .