kray 2.57

General disscusion about Kray
jdomingo

kray 2.57

Post by jdomingo »

just installed the said 2.57 on my lightwave 11.5.1.

when i run kray, the top info has kray 2.2 (1224 lsc)

my previous kray is 2.51 (1223 lsc)

im confused now. anyway i just reinstalled my previous 2.51. i will just wait for 3
Janusz Biela

Re: kray 2.57

Post by Janusz Biela »

Please find another copy (old one) of Kray and delete it. Also when you press render (can be empty scene) read from bar what version you have installed. With lsc is no so much important what version.
The best way to install Kray is just override old one and not keeping another version of Kray in another folders.
nico

Post by nico »

i see this problem in kray 2.57 - physical sky...
and sorry but why not change with this???
http://www.kraytracing.com/joomla/forum ... pic#unread

in package script is BUILD 1096
in discussion is BUILD 1097....change the final build in download package :cry:
Attachments
kray_phisycal.jpg
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Of course you can change for this one. I use this one from link.
jdomingo

Post by jdomingo »

that is what im getting too. anyway, it doesnt seem to have any difference than 2.51 or 2.56 when i test it with my old test model, i feel it is slower. but only few second slower though. thanks anyway for the update but really not happy with it.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

jdomingo wrote:that is what im getting too. anyway, it doesnt seem to have any difference than 2.51 or 2.56 when i test it with my old test model, i feel it is slower. but only few second slower though. thanks anyway for the update but really not happy with it.
There should not be differences. It is fixed problem with Instances slow bug. I test this last update since 4 weeks also and I do not see any problems. Apparently is faster visible general especially in heavy scenes . G. did not touch core but I thing problem with instances was very complex and had influence for whole system. Please report me if are problems - if yes I will share some scenes for test.