Opening Archmodel ?

General disscusion about Kray
elmohammedi

Opening Archmodel ?

Post by elmohammedi »

Hi,
I want to open a Archmodel in 3Ds max 2012.So,how to import the jpg texture to my model when I open the .max...
Can you help me,please ?
Janusz Biela

Re: Opening Archmodel ?

Post by Janusz Biela »

elmohammedi wrote:Hi,
I want to open a Archmodel in 3Ds max 2012.So,how to import the jpg texture to my model when I open the .max...
Can you help me,please ?
I am not sure I understood you. Can you precise question. Which direction you want: Lightwave - MAX3d or MAX3d - Lightwave. Only one format in supported correctly between these software: obj. There is Collada format also, but I have problems with this format - sometimes object has missing parts from model or they are shift in coordinates. If You save model from Modeler as obj format then You save also UV maps. Opening it under MAX3d should not make any problem except ...missing maps (sometimes). This must be , manually, fix by load maps to image editor (both sides: LW and max). Doesn`t exist exporter max-lwo or lw-max (it is something in Deep Exploration software ...but after trying a couple times I gave up).
I suggest use always obj format which is very accurate.
elmohammedi

Post by elmohammedi »

Thanks for answer Janusz,
I want to import an Archmodel in 3Ds max,but when I open the .max file I haven't any txture in my opened model.
So how can I import the jpg files who's in texture folder ?
vpii

Post by vpii »

Sounds like it is vray setup in Max. You need to convert to standard Max materials then export.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

elmohammedi wrote:Thanks for answer Janusz,
I want to import an Archmodel in 3Ds max,but when I open the .max file I haven't any txture in my opened model.
So how can I import the jpg files who's in texture folder ?
I think I know what you mean. On the forum is small tutorial for that...but I can not find it :D

Her script which You attach to max:
http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scrip ... erter-v2-5

then open script, transform V-ray materials do max materials and save later as obj with Lightwave setup.

If You will have problem then answer; I will make small video tutorial for that.

also You need demo V-ray and demo max3d (not necessary full versions for exporting).
elmohammedi

Post by elmohammedi »

So good,make a tutorial please !!!
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Here tutorial. If is something not clean then write questions.
If you have problem with finding another tutorials - then just visit my Video category page. There are original videos which after whole preloading You can easily pause and move time bar whatever you want to see procedures.
[youtube]MHtThRIJNyA[/youtube]

Edit:
I forgot script :lol:
Attachments
conversor_en.zip
(442.49 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
elmohammedi

Post by elmohammedi »

Hello Janusz,and thanks for the good tutorial...
I want to export my tree from 3Ds max to Cryengine and I use the CryEngine exporter to do thatBut,when I tried to assign the three objects to a Dummy:
http://eat3d.com/free/cryengine_3dsmax
3Ds max crashs when I export them !
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
elmohammedi

Post by elmohammedi »

I send CryEngine exporter plug to you,it is easy to install them in 3Ds Max:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEKek_e5Njg

Can you make an other tutorial for this,please ? :roll:
Attachments
CryExport.rar
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 248 times
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

I think this error appear when you open new max files in old version of max3d. I think the best solution will be to download actual demo version of Max and V-ray. You do not need full version for import/export. I know CryEngine - is very powerful real time engine for games or presentation. I do not have it so I can not test. I think this what wrote above will help you.
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

i have good news lightwave11.5.1 . when u export obj from 3ds max i have 3ds max 2012 when i export obj to lw11.5.1 for exmple trees ex.. they al lcome with different uv map not merged :v :D
thibault

Post by thibault »

"There is Collada format also, but I have problems with this format - sometimes object has missing parts from model or they are shift in coordinates."

I've soluce this problem grouping objects in max before exporting, since then no problem ! :oops:
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

thibault wrote:"There is Collada format also, but I have problems with this format - sometimes object has missing parts from model or they are shift in coordinates."

I've soluce this problem grouping objects in max before exporting, since then no problem ! :oops:
Yes I know problem. I think the most universal format is obj still (maybe not perfect but never got problems with this)