wait 1.7 for long long time...........

General disscusion about Kray
cheneva

wait 1.7 for long long time...........

Post by cheneva »

what time can be 1.7 release?I very hope fast to use it ^_^
Single

Post by Single »

I think that is worth being collected patience the project serious and singly you will not rapidly reach results.
silverlw

Post by silverlw »

Hi Cheneva!
We are all frustrated, yes we betatesters also. We know how superior pre1.7 is compared to 1.612 and do everything we can to ship it as fast as possible.
The pre1.7 is already a kickass product but we cant ship it until we are certain most bugs are straightened out. If we would release a half ready product noone would be happy about that right?
RogerNyheim

Post by RogerNyheim »

Silverlw wrote:Hi Cheneva!
We are all frustrated, yes we betatesters also. We know how superior pre1.7 is compared to 1.612 and do everything we can to ship it as fast as possible.
The pre1.7 is already a kickass product but we cant ship it until we are certain most bugs are straightened out. If we would release a half ready product noone would be happy about that right?

Give me the beta, and I will be happy :-) (I'm allready a paying customer)
tyrot

Ok..now spill the beans...

Post by tyrot »

dear krayians

any news on 1.7

Guys please this is NOT newtek right. Mr. Kray can extend the time as much as he wants to but at least give us a time frame.

Or at least ( how many at least??) let us Use KRAY 1.7 when we ordered even it is beta..

My client asks for decent renders and if i cant access 1.7 there is no point to order right now. I should wait, we should wait but client, he, WONT wait...I need to deliver it with crappy AmbientOcc. fake radiosity tricks which may cause a serious drawback...:(

Ok people...stop playing Masonic Cult Like (non-entry) Testing and let us install 1.7 and use it..

/of course right after the payment...

BEST ... (dont recommend 1.6, because i guess everything has changed and there is no Point to try and learn some stuff from old version)
jure

Post by jure »

Oh no no, not everything has changed.. Acctualy besides adding new stuff and better integration GUI remains more or less the same (for now at least).

But to answer your original question: we started posting images of pre 1.7 betas so that people can see what is coming. I knew very well that this is gonna create lots of hype and people will get anxious to try it. Anyways Grzegorz is working hard right now to fix bugs and I hope he finishes that soon (in the next 2-3 weeks). I think then he'll announce when and how KRay 1.7 will be released (there is also a chance that users that have allready bought Kray will get access to RC versions before release, but I can't say for sure since it's up to G. to decide).

So no, this is not Newtek and I'm sure G. will do his best to deliver 1.7 ASAP.
- Jure
adk

Post by adk »

jure wrote:I think then he'll announce when and how KRay 1.7 will be released (there is also a chance that users that have allready bought Kray will get access to RC versions before release, but I can't say for sure since it's up to G. to decide).
I'm literally a week away from buying Kray and I'd be extremely interested in getting access to the RC version. Regardless of bugs flaws etc ... I just want to get serious about exploring/using it rather than the current version (as good as it already is). I know the time spent with the current version would not be wasted. But the option to be able to also have 1.7 in whatever shape or form would be a most welcome one. For me it wouldn't be so I can bug / hassle anyone on the beta team about my issues/problems/fumbling about but so I can begin to come to grips with it. Cheers ;)
tyrot

Post by tyrot »

dear jure...

i hate to push programmers. They are my hero. I dont care bugs ..or other thingies come with RC 1.7. If it does make a KRAYISH render and make the animation in image sequence file and support multithread and ClipMaps it is really enough.

Dear adk

yesterday i was about to order then i wanted to make sure because accessing RC is vital for me. I gotta Baked things to complete a project and KRAY would be a godsend for me. So when they announce you guys can install 1.7 RC i m in that second ordering KRAY.

BEST
tiktane358

Post by tiktane358 »

hello

I'm a newbie here but I just want to say that I totally agree...
Perhaps 1.7 not ready now but we are all kids, and christmas is too far from now. I "use" Kray demo and learning curve is not so short. I would prefer to learn a soft in its most advanced and closed to final version because of the fine tweeking that need. I'm not sure that I would be more disapointed by a bug in 1.7 than with an "Unexpected Exception error" in demo. We would have multi threaded benefit.(bon pour le moral) and we could help G. for bug tracking. (as a RC)

Thanks.
jure

Post by jure »

Thank you for your response fellas! Grzegorz said he's afraid that bugs in RC version could turn people away but as I see from users response that is not the case so I'm sure Grzegorz will release RC to registered users as soon as we stop adding features and eliminate most annoying bugs.
- Jure