Evermotion Archmodels or other .max or .3ds files

General disscusion about Kray
antoniomitalia

Evermotion Archmodels or other .max or .3ds files

Post by antoniomitalia »

Has anyone try any of the Archmodels collections of Evermotion?
What was your workflow to import the models into Lightwave-Kray?

Mine is exporting as .obj from 3DMax and then opening (not importing) the .obj into Lightwave, but only one black surface appears with no settings, all textures lost too. Don't understand all the commands in 3dMax's exporting panel.

Moreover, a tree model (with 600.000 polys) that 3DMax opens and moves with no problem, Lightwave handles it like climbing a hill with a washing machine on his back. Don't know if it's possible to reduce the poly size directly in the exporting operation.

Importing workflow for (.max) (.3ds) or (.obj) files is welcome!!!
:( :cry:
Janusz Biela

Re: Evermotion Archmodels or other .max or .3ds files

Post by Janusz Biela »

antoniomitalia wrote:Has anyone try any of the Archmodels collections of Evermotion?

Mine is exporting as .obj from 3DMax and then opening (not importing) the .obj into Lightwave, but only one black surface appears with no settings, all textures lost too. Don't understand all the commands in 3dMax's exporting panel.

Moreover, a tree model (with 600.000 polys) that 3DMax opens and moves with no problem, Lightwave handles it like climbing a hill with a washing machine on his back. Don't know if it's possible to reduce the poly size directly in the exporting operation.

Yes I use this non stop and only this (last 5 years). I will soon prepare video tutorial how to import it.
jure

Post by jure »

antoniomitalia wrote:Has anyone try any of the Archmodels collections of Evermotion?

It's quite easy, you just need to convert vray materials to standard first:
1. get script to convert vray to std materials
2. export using gw:obj exporter or FBX. Both work pretty well.
- Jure
antoniomitalia

Post by antoniomitalia »

Thanks mate, very usefull!
mx design

Post by mx design »

Check out http://mx-3dmodels.com/ they are all lightwave models!
antoniomitalia

Post by antoniomitalia »

Wow, can't believe my eyes! high quality Lightwave models! maybe more catalog in the future... but finally LW is no more the ugly boy of the class!