Re: Kray 2.3 update released

Post by jnom »

jure wrote:I'll see what we can do...
Yey! Are you referring to my post? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jwiede

Post by jwiede »

jnom wrote:
jnom wrote:Is shadowdensity supported in 2.3? Or only constant value? It would be great to have a mini update that would include support for shadowdensity. I included the sample scene. I usually render out moving objects separately as well as the shadow from the main bg render for flexibility and shadowdensity or a shadow catcher is needed for this. Kraybuffers can see direct and indirect light but can't separate out the objects that cast shadows from other objects.
I've tested 2.3 with different render modes with unseen characters,etc with bones and it works fast unlike older builds where there are errors and renders slow. Whatever you guys did its great.
Anyone check this? Old fprime supports it. With alpha matt support and this shadow density surface support, I would say kray is complete for animation. I can render the bg in 1 pass. Render characters in 2nd, then render out shadows in another.
I would be very interested in this feature as well, for the described reason (splitting background from "anim objects"/their shadows). Offering a shadowdensity buffer would be ideal (makes life a wee bit easier compared to using a catcher).
jwiede

Post by jwiede »

Is there a list detailing the bugs fixed in the 2.3 release anywhere? I've encountered various bugs mentioned in threads in the customer help forum, and would like to which I should expect to be fixed, and which were not fixed in 2.3. Thanks!
jure

Post by jure »

We have internal bugtracker which in most part can not be directly related to forum posts but here is the list if bug titles if it helps you any:
lwo2unseenbyrays not working anymore
particles template does not work
unseen by camera blocks photons
crash with transparency map
LEM bug
Kray render crash with DP custom light
Photon map crash
%now% not working on PC
GUI bug in AA tab
- Jure
jnom

Post by jnom »

Any update and bugfixes? :)
jure

Post by jure »

Shadow density support has been added... We'll release update soon.
- Jure
jnom

Post by jnom »

Wow that is very cool! Thanks for all your hard work. :mrgreen:
khan973

Post by khan973 »

This and previous "good" alpha support are major improvements to me!
jnom

Post by jnom »

khan973 wrote:This and previous "good" alpha support are major improvements to me!
Agree. The previous alpha features plus the shadow density support is getting close to a renderer that can be used in general 3D works. :mrgreen: