jrandom wrote:After much experimentation, this is what I'd like to see:
1. Much better anti-aliasing.
2. Animation-quality (ie. flicker-free) final gather that is feasible on a single hefty home computer (as opposed to having to rent out a render farm). This one is such a big deal that I bought the PBRT book and am going to try my hand and writing a renderer just to see how difficult a task this really is.
3. Micro-poly displacement would be phenomenal. This is what allows for realistic terrain and tree bark w/out multi-day render times per frame.
1. I think with AA G. can do something else, but not much. AA is AA. Is not big difference between V-ray and Kray.
2. Hmmm with this You have to ask Erwin. But I don`t see big problem with render animation. I know is a bit problem with share GI. But this need just understand how to do. I don`t render animation, but I know is not big problem with render farms for example BNR. Everything working good. Problem is only with render ONE SINGLE IMAGE on BNR but not with animation.
3. In progress full displacement