LW9.5 Render

Post by terasakai »

22m
Attachments
kkk.jpg
kkk.jpg (236.74 KiB) Viewed 7167 times
_mats_

Post by _mats_ »

is that a good comparison or a bad comparison against Kray?

Not sure 22m is "fast" per kray standards, I think an optimized Kray render of that scene with antialias and all would still be faster?

Matt -
Pheidian

Post by Pheidian »

Yea, looking good. Gotta say new LW is very good in terms of comparing LW 9.5 to older GI stuff in Lightwave Native, but this is still no match to what Kray can do already...

And we can only wait to see what Kray becomes with this new lightning etc in LW...

I think with good setup in Kray this image would render in around 10 minutes (in quadcore machine) with decent AA...
vsele

Post by vsele »

My Kray doesn't work with 9.5.......it tells me that" is an incompatible version of LWSC file. Cannot Load"....anyone has suggestions?
ana028

Post by ana028 »

I test some scenes, and good. In one kind of scenes the new version of lw can make a great results here is an example of fast interpolated montecarlo with the new ies lights and 6AA.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81784

Sorry the link is for beta testers, I don't remember the render time of kray with this test, perhaps the same of lw. But for more complex scenes you have to set a better gi setup and lw can't do the times of kray. For the moment kray has more render speed, better caustics and better result in difficult scenes.

I hope that I can test early the new light portals and I hope too that Kray don't need more time to read the new scene format and the new ies lights. This new lights are very easy to use.
larry_g1s

Post by larry_g1s »

Nice render, but a little inconsistent in the AA department. The picture frame, upper base boards, etc. all look clean, but the area around the door & windows...yikes. I wonder why so different.
Larry V

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is
the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes.
terasakai

Post by terasakai »

LW 9.5 OB2

9m36s

some setting
Attachments
27.jpg
27.jpg (375.75 KiB) Viewed 6992 times
Pheidian

Post by Pheidian »

Hmm I have to say it's not bad at all, in terms of LW render. You can easily notify the horrible GI solution (lot of splotches in the upper ceiling molding etc), also AA is nowhere near decent in that one, basically you could render this quality image in Kray in around 3 minutes...

But of course it's a huge leap from 9.3 to 9.5 in LW GI rendering... Mostly what I'm waiting for is the support of those new lights implemented in Kray...
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Yes: Last LW render is fast.
Still bad AA (very bad)
Glass is no glass.
Many splotches on ceiling.
Missing matals on lamp.
Refection on picture is overbright.
No Sun.
All this elements they have effect and time render
You used extra light inside or windows from left (hmm I don`t member : this scene have only one window?)
Please, You can render this with one light from left (fill+sun) ?
except

Less bad LW 9.5 render? :)

Post by except »

Lw 95... 25 minutes...
LightWave is going places :)

Kray is still faster, but LightWave is more flexible and easier to set up. They augment each other nicely.
Attachments
inside_12_small.jpg
inside_12_small.jpg (281.56 KiB) Viewed 7044 times
Janusz Biela

Re: Less bad LW 9.5 render? :)

Post by Janusz Biela »

except wrote:Lw 95... 25 minutes...
LightWave is going places :)

Kray is still faster, but LightWave is more flexible and easier to set up. They augment each other nicely.
First:
Except is my IDOL, Realy, You a realy profesional....

Second:
I saw this on Spinquad, but this have strong shadows and strandge radiation.....
Problem for "NewTek Engine": is too low bounce lights, becouse 3-6 bounce is too low for realistic renders.....
V-ray need around 20 (first/second bounce) Kray too....
IMHO this is no ideal for render realistic interior renders....becouse WE NEED some bounce lights!

Good renders!
No tric lights inside rooms! We need good fill light and Sun - thats all!
except

Post by except »

Johny_quick wrote: Second:
I saw this on Spinquad, but this have strong shadows and strandge radiation.....
It's supposed to, it is a sacred chapel, I wanted to have this radiation and mystery.
The power of Lightwave lies in its control, I feel, I can get any kind of atmosphere I desire. I'm not looking for pure realism, that's boring, who cares.. I'm looking for a mood, a sense of place. I can get this with LightWave and to some extent with Kray too. Vray has MUCH less abilities in that regard.
Good renders!
These renders only have the sun and Denis Pontonier's Sunsky procedural as a backdrop. No other lights.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

except wrote:
Johny_quick wrote: Second:
It's supposed to, it is a sacred chapel, I wanted to have this radiation and mystery.
The power of Lightwave lies in its control, I feel, I can get any kind of atmosphere I desire. I'm not looking for pure realism, that's boring, who cares.. I'm looking for a mood, a sense of place. I can get this with LightWave and to some extent with Kray too. Vray has MUCH less abilities in that regard.
Good renders!
These renders only have the sun and Denis Pontonier's Sunsky procedural as a backdrop. No other lights.
Ach ok.
Sunsky is very good.
Wait for next renders....
adk

Post by adk »

Whooooa ... hold on there partner ... he was my idol first :) :D
Seriously tho ... I love these latest renders of yours Tom.
In terms of mood/atmosphere/emotive/sense of place and space these are spot on in my view. Not to mention the architecture and design. Great stuff amigo. Can't wait to see more of this chapel.
khan973_forum

Nice

Post by khan973_forum »

Really NIce work Except, it really shows a difference.
The more Lightwave improves, the less I see people being able to show the true powe of the changes.
And Lightwave needs more images like that to be really back in the game.
So I'll say thanks for the community.
By the way, I'm new to Kray and I'm enjoying its community and Forum!
It's as exciting as the lighwave one used to be back in the days :)