Download preset scene here

jure

Download preset scene here

Post by jure »

To submit presets please download the Kray preset scene and follow this guidelines:

We have created the scene in a standard studio setup with linear workflow in mind. The lights have been carefully calibrated so that it gives the best possible representation of colors. It is important not to change scene parameters so that all materials in database can be comparable.

Here are the steps to create the preset:

1. Open "Surface Editor" and apply your material to >>__material__<< surface.
2. Set file output name in Kray render properties or save finished render via LW Image Viewer.
3. Use "Save" button in Surface editor to save the surface preset.
4. Compress .srf file you created in step 3. and any images needed for the preset to the .zip file.
5. Upload the preset file to appropriate section in forum and attach your render of the material. You can also attach additional images showing material used in a scene if you want.

Please note:
  • do not change any other surfaces
  • do not modify any scene parameters. Do not move camera, objects or lights.
  • We have included two rendering presets - one for final render "kray_settings_final.KGcfg" and one for testing purposes "kray_settings_preview.KGcfg". Please use the "kray_settings_final.KGcfg" preset for final render and do not change any rendering parameters!

UPDATE:
-----------------------------------------
03.05.10 - changed the settings a little bit so the scene renders faster. If you need more AA for your preset just increase grid size.

DOWNLOAD PRESET SCENE HERE

Thank you!
Attachments
mymaterial00000.jpg
- Jure
geo_n

Re: Download preset scene here

Post by geo_n »

When I open the scene it wasy scene was saved with newer version of kray.
stretch

Post by stretch »

login, and download the latest version of kray - it will work...
khan973

Post by khan973 »

Thank you! I've been looking forward to have this section for a long time!
We should also teel if it's node based texture or not.

Let the fun begin!
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

ah so its 2.0b now.
I rendered the scene with qc6600 and it takes around 9min. A bit long imho. :mrgreen:
Is there a way to make it max 2-3 min render time? Uploading even 10 surface and that's 90min of rendertime.
The faster setup and render time the better. :lol:
jure

Post by jure »

geo_n wrote:ah so its 2.0b now.
I rendered the scene with qc6600 and it takes around 9min. A bit long imho. :mrgreen:
Is there a way to make it max 2-3 min render time? Uploading even 10 surface and that's 90min of rendertime.
The faster setup and render time the better. :lol:
The render time depends a lot on material. I cranked up the settings so the AA and FG is really good. I included a fast settings also however I though it'd be better if we all use the same settings so render times are somewhat comparable. But on the other hand there's no cpu info included so I guess it's not so important in the end. We could rip off render time altogether if you guys think it's not needed.
- Jure
geo_n

Post by geo_n »

The render time I got was from the default scene. So its possible other materials would take longer. :mrgreen:
Maximum 5min for rendertime would be great. I think its one reason presetcentral doesn't have so many presets because last time I tried it was more than 15min to render the preset which for some people to use their machine rendering 10 presets would be a long time to do.
stretch

Post by stretch »

comparable to other preset render times its not 2 bad...check out times for materials on here http://www.vray-materials.de/ don't get me wrong cutting a few mins would still be cool..... :) but it's all relative to the speed of your computer in the end.
jdomingo

Post by jdomingo »

Jure is this version 2.0b is the same as the kray 2.0 RC BUILD 1207 LSC? I tried downloading the zip file and i cant unzipped it. does this one has the new physky sun tool? thanks
jure

Post by jure »

Maybe we can set FG passes to 1 and AA to grid 3 for start? This will speed it up considerably already. If more AA is needed then users can adjust it.
jdomingo wrote:Jure is this version 2.0b is the same as the kray 2.0 RC BUILD 1207 LSC? I tried downloading the zip file and i cant unzipped it. does this one has the new physky sun tool? thanks
No the version I'm using is newer. We are testing it for any remaining bugs right now and if it's ok it will be released soon.
- Jure
jdomingo

Post by jdomingo »

ok cool, i cant wait. thanks
jure

Post by jure »

Updated the scene so it renders faster.
- Jure