grass instance

Here you can share your Kray related materials, scenes, objects or whatever you think may help other users on our forum.
Janusz Biela

grass instance

Postby Janusz Biela » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:09 am

grass istance.
Attachments
grass2.rar
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 812 times

direwolf

Re: grass instance

Postby direwolf » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:44 am

Weird. I'm running LW9.6 with KRAY 2.0 RC1 (even the lastest .ls) and i get errors opening your scene.

This scenes was saved with a newer version of Kray. And it appears i'm missing KrayInstancing plugin.

Am i missing something here?

jure

Postby jure » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:59 am

KrayInstances.ls can be found inside "common" folder inside the Kray zip archive you downloaded from the webpage. About the errors - you can just ignore them since Johny is probably using a newer version of his plugin.
- Jure

direwolf

Postby direwolf » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:32 pm

Sry, no idea why i missed it. Seemed emtpy earlier this week when i checked. My bad.

done

Postby done » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:21 pm

First of, thanks for the preset!

I am trying out this out right now and getting some interesting render speeds. I tried messing Johny's settings up a bit, setting 10min/0max fg rays in the shader and got more than 8 minutes with the limited region, about 12 without it.

Its not that slow, its just that after reading some of Johny's posts it seemed it would render faster... somehow i dont see it being used in an animation :)

I was just wondering what everyone else was getting, is there a way to further optimize this setup so it scales nicely with deadlines :)

Oh, im rendering it on an 8core 2.8ghz, 9.6 + rc2.

Edit:
Just got this after an 1h 20sec, so i tought it better not get wasted :)
Attachments
johnygrass2.jpg
Nice grass

3dworks

Postby 3dworks » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:59 pm

is it maybe because you are using kray on a mac? reading the specs is suggesting me that you are using a macpro... if so, the reason is very simple: kray is currently still having severe speed issues under OSX, rendering to up to even 20 times slower than under windows. the good news is that the developer is taking care of it in the current revision cycle, so you can finally expect a mac optimized version of kray probably for the next OB release!

if it isn't the mac issue, then johny should explain this to you :D

cheers

markus

done

Postby done » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:23 am

Just the reason im not running under OSX for now... most plugs are just not there. Vista64

If Johhny does want to jump in, id really like an insight with the settings he has on this scene:

Powershader (mm) photon multiplier 500 and power multiplier 10?
Gamma is 4?
I did try something like this on some other scenes and got some mixed results. Just wondering what is the end effect is, i cannot find any more info in the manual.

And really a nice trick to color displacements with the texture underneath, very cool... learning a lot.

Janusz Biela

Postby Janusz Biela » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:50 pm

I will update my grass.

Return to “Kray depo”