- Kray will not run on LW version older than 7.5.
- It is advisable that you put Kray.ls LightWave's Lscripts dir.
- We recommend that you remove all old Kray plugins and restart LightWave before installing new one.
The Kray package contains different plugins for different platforms. Inside the package you will find the following folders:
- Common: contains all GUI plugins that will appear in LightWave Master plugins list. This are platform independant.
- MacUB: Contains main Mac Universal Binary Kray plugin.
- Win32: Contains main Kray plugin for Windows LighWave 32bit.
- Win64: Contains main Kray plugin for Windows LighWave 64bit.
To install Kray on Windows follow this steps:
1. Unpack the archive and copy contents of Common dir to directory where LW holds Lscript files
- in LW7: [LW_DIR]/Lscripts
- in LW8 or LW9+ [LW_DIR]/Plugins/Lscripts
2. Installing Kray.p:
- For 32bit LW copy kray.p from Win32 folder to LW's plugins dir [LW_DIR]/Plugins.
- For 64bit LW copy kray.p from Win64 folder to LW's plugins dir [LW_DIR]/Plugins.
Note: if you have older CPU without support please use Win32/NoSSE kray.p instead.
Note: The Mac version of Kray is only available for the Universal Binary (UB) version of LightWave 9.5.1+ and above. Currently there is no PowerPC (CFM) version.
To install Kray on Mac follow these steps:
1. Unpack the archive and copy contents of Common dir to directory where LW holds Lscript files.
- in LW9.5.1+ [LW_DIR]/SharedSupport/Plugins/Lscripts or Users/~/Library/Application Support/LightWave3D/Plugins/Lscripts .
Note: If a Lscript folder does not exist within the Plugins folder feel free to create it.
2. Copy Kray.plugin from mac32ub folder to LW's plugins dir [LW_DIR]/SharedSupport/Plugins or Users/~/Library/Application Support/LightWave3D/Plugins/
Adding plugins to LightWave
Start LW and add all Kray *.lsc files from Lscripts and Kray.p from plugins to LW plugins by going to Utilities > Add Plugins.
Note: If you get a "line 8 Script type 'master' differs from architecture" error when adding the Kray.ls try adding the via Master Plugins: LScript
You can connect Kray Options, Kray Frame and Kray Anim to Layout buttons or assign hot keys. You can also reach Kray Options through "Utilities > Master plugins > Add Layout or Scene Master".