bed room Nodes test

Please post finished works here.
Janusz Biela

bed room Nodes test

Post by Janusz Biela »

My new test of Nodes in LW (all surfaces done only inside Nodes). Scene I converted from V-ray...so only original are wire and textures. Time render 1-2h i7CPU.
In scene only Sunsky + SunSpot (no extra lights in windows) and sometimes light from big lamp. Photon map was corrected by Kray Skyportals.
Attachments
bed_room_01.png
bed_room_02.png
bed_room_03.png
bed_room_05.png
bed_room_06.png
bed_room_07.png
bed_room_08.png
bed_room_09.png
bed_room_10.png
rosstheboss

Looking very good ...

Post by rosstheboss »

I know the original scene and it look no less good. but i have sone question about your work that intersting me:

- can u share your setting about Antialising because in your scene it looks very good.
- about nodes...where i can learn how to control that monster. always when i open the nodes panel it look that i'm loosing control there with all the options etc...
-can u share some basic shaders of your ... ?
medzo

Re: bed room Nodes test

Post by medzo »

damn, you are good!

any chance of sharing the whole scene? I know that your knowledge is your 'secret of the trade' but since our community has practically no tutorials - (probably because we are waiting for kray 3.0 ... only god knows when will that happen) - i think that this is the only way for others to learn kray as good as you. What do you think?
Janusz Biela

Re: Looking very good ...

Post by Janusz Biela »

rosstheboss wrote:
- can u share your setting about Antialising because in your scene it looks very good.
AA setup I posted many times...but again (please read forum careful) FSAA G3 Quadratic 1.0 + if You have problem with high contrast regions - Limit DR before tonemap. Also resolution is important under 1000 pix always You will have problem with bad AA ...because this is normal (doesn`t exist good AA pixel engine. All renders engines has problem with AA in small resolution) So I suggest render in HI res all the time.
- about nodes...where i can learn how to control that monster. always when i open the nodes panel it look that i'm loosing control there with all the options etc...
Yes this is very complicate think...but are no another way. There are mathematical operators which make in correct way real behavior of surfaces
here info:
http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugi ... des_2.html
I will try catch Jure , he knows very well Nodes and some another pages with documentation . But Nodes are only on the beginning difficult after that they are very easy, especially when I use only operators subtract/or/not/multiply (no shaders!)
So they work very accurate in Kray and LW.
-can u share some basic shaders of your ... ?
In materials forum department there are some. Sorry but this system which I create (is called system because this is complete solution for all surfaces with real simulation of surfaces: Fresnel, automatic diffuse/reflection/blur, color correction, transformation bump/normal map etc ...so similar to Maxwell render or V-ray materials)
will be available as packet with K 3.0, they are not finish yet.
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

medzo wrote:...probably because we are waiting for kray 3.0 ...
You answered Yourself
K3.0 soon will enter in Beta test phase. It is took a lot time to rewrite code to standalone (over half year!) so Kray now is available for another software for example for Podium or Blender:
http://www.suplugins.com/
http://supodium.zenfolio.com/
where people receive one of the best effects in sketchup by ...Kray Render Engine with very basic setup in menu (special layer graphic) and very basic surfaces setup!
Will be no updates for old Kray!
Soon Jure will open new topic for K3.0 then You will see news.
K3.0 will be as new product (why it`s take time) ...so not funny cosmetic changes but really new product.
About learning: I use all the time V-ray tutorials (in net are millions) is no matter for Kray...idea is the same.
ideart

Post by ideart »

Great work once again.
I am looking forward to see also an animated scene.
pantarei

Post by pantarei »

in Janusz we trust

please Big jan some exteriorS!!!
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

pantarei wrote:in Janusz we trust

please Big jan some exteriorS!!!
After K3.0 (are limits with K 3.0: no displacement, problem with GI sampling on small objects and not good physical Sky....New physical Sky is ready but will release with K3.0)
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

jansuz (Y) :mrgreen:
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

Override :mrgreen:
Attachments
bed_room_overrideA.jpg
Keraressi Abdelkarim

Post by Keraressi Abdelkarim »

Janusz Rocks :D (Y) as always :wink:

better then vray render :D :evil:

:twisted:

8)
giacob

Post by giacob »

Janusz Biela wrote:My new test of Nodes in LW (all surfaces done only inside Nodes). Scene I converted from V-ray...so only original are wire and textures. Time render 1-2h i7CPU.
In scene only Sunsky + SunSpot (no extra lights in windows) and sometimes light from big lamp. Photon map was corrected by Kray Skyportals.
How come are u using krayskyportals again after having prevoiusly said in some occasions that they were not advisable ? render are done with lw11.03?
I mean those render setting are very different from the ones u have followed so far
Janusz Biela

Post by Janusz Biela »

How come are u using krayskyportals again after having prevoiusly said in some occasions that they were not advisable ? render are done with lw11.03?
I mean those render setting are very different from the ones u have followed so far

Yes I backed to forsaken Skyportals and apparently they are the best! (I knew they are the best ...but not that! especially in complex and heavy scenes ) ...somebody will ask why? Well , is a lot to say. After K3.0 when I will make video tutorials , everything will be easy to understand. Now to use Skyportals is very difficult, and perhaps ONLY I can use this in correct way. So better wait for my video tutorials for K3.0 :)
After K3.0, use Skyportals will be the best way to receive high quality photon map, which is necessary to render fast and clean. Now with this function I receive incredible clean photon map which affect much faster render, much cleaner and much accurate, but I repeat again: Skyportals are very difficult to use , especially when we have some additional lightss inside room...You must use another shaders for control balance of light, etc...
giacob

Post by giacob »

thanks for the answer ..

u well know we are all longing to see this kray 3.0....